2015 Swap Meet, a HUGE Success!
From the DNA Session conducted by J. Mark Lowe on Thursday evening, the extra special Salute To Veterans Dinner on Friday night with music by Kings of Swing … then the three full session on Saturday by Mark. We have heard nothing but good things about each.
What’s Next? Changes.
- From the planned WWII Etowah County book — it’s not going away. It’s morphing into a wider concept.
- Big Site Change. For various reasons the template has to change.
- Cleanup in the site of obsolete information.
- A Call for Writers for the site and for the newsletter.
- Two New Facebook groups with focus on research.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
- Volunteer. There are ALL sorts of ways you can “give” time. From an hour to a regular volunteer position.
- I need help on this site. And if you can open a web form & enter your name & address — that makes you qualified! Email me!
- Donate. People assume that we receive financing from the city or the state. That the library building is owned by the city. That the utilities are paid by the city. The NEAGS Society pays for all of those & more. We apply for and do on occasion receive a grant.
Notices are placed on this site & on our Facebook page.
The easiest way to stay on top of new here is to find the “Subscribe” section on this site. Anytime a post is made, you’ll receive a message with the first part of the post shown. If you don’t log into Facebook very often, then subscribing to this site is the best way to keep up with genealogy in northeast Alabama.
If you log into Facebook often, make our page a FAVORITE and you’ll always see it on your left nav area. If there is a number next to it, you know that something new has been posted.
~ From your NEAGS Site Admin, Lynda Peach.
P.S. The first change will be the site appearance.