NorthEast Alabama Genealogical Society (NEAGS) members are working on several cemeteries in Etowah County. If anyone knows of unmarked graves in these or any information on these cemeteries, contact RoseMary Hyatt, 256-538-1122, or Anne Batie, 256-492-2739, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Several cemetery books are for sale and are listed at bottom of this article.
Cemeteries in current project are:
- Fairview Baptist Cemetery,
- Mount Lookout Cemetery,
- Tillison Cemetery,
- McCauley Cemetery,
- Reid Cemetery,
- Oak Park Cemetery,
- Old Attalla Cemetery and
- Moody Cemetery in Altoona.
The following cemetery books are for sale:
- The “Pilgrim’s Rest Cemetery” book, email email@example.com.
- A new cemetery book, “Mt. Pisgah Baptist Church Cemetery.” The cemetery is on Tabor Road. Call 256-492-1833.
- “Young’s Chapel Cemetery. To purchase a copy, contact Julia Young, 256-547-8477, or the Batie’s.
- “Reid Cemetery Book” which includes information on obituaries, census records, military records & family relationships. To purchase, call Anne or Harold Batie, 256-492-2739.